Friday, August 8, 2008

Flood Cleanup

After being forced to use a sssllloooowwww laptop for two months, we finally have reason to celebrate because our hi-speed internet on our regular computer was hooked up yesterday! What does this mean, you may ask? This means that I can easily access blogs, quickly post something on my own and download pictures - which, in turn, means that I will post more often! Things are looking bright! Sooooo, I thought I would post a few pics that I downloaded last night of the flood to give you a taste of what has been going on.



:Cleaning out the basement:

:Hauling out ruined cabinets:



:Ah....memories of the old laundry room:


:Stairs leading up to the kitchen:


:Living room - notice the popped up hardwood floors:


:Dining room:


:Mom pointing out the watermark in our garage:


:Me pointing out the watermark at the front of our house:


:A very happy debris carrier:


:Our muddy basement walls:




:Stick 'em up! This powerwasher is loaded!:


:A mud caked bike:


:Powerwashing the basement:


:The stack of ruined music:


:Attempting to dry music out:


:Our friend, Megan - she and her husband, Caleb, helped us trmendously on our house:



:Washing the muddy bathroom floor:

:Ready to rip up some hardwood floors! Watch out, people, she's got a crowbar!:


:Way to go, woman!:





:Caleb the handyman:

:Laying the new hardwood floors:


:Our fixed hardwood floors in the living room:




:Our beautiful new hardwood floors!:



:That is the swingset that fell out of the truck (see previous post):


:Ready to take a load down to our new home:





:This was written above a door in our garage:


God's Promise!


5 comments:

Christina said...

Wow and wow! You all have been working super hard. Tori, you are such an encouragement when you comment on my blog, I have missed you. Sorry I don't get over here as often as I would like. I am so glad you are "back".

Christina

Anonymous said...

What a huge ordeal! I'm glad your family has made so much progress.

Alyssa Scott said...

O my goodness! I was wondering how ya'll did with all that flooding!
I am so sorry to see what happened! GOODNESS!
We will be praying for ya'll!

Margaret Braun said...

That looks like a lot of work. Good to have you back in the blogging world.

Lacey said...

Ummm...I accidentally left my comment in your previous post! Oh well....