Saturday, June 7, 2008

Old Campmeeting Days

Dad, Deanna, and I returned home Thursday from Moravia, Iowa. Let me tell you, I have never experienced something quite like that before - an old-fashioned, sin-killing, devil-chasing, Holy Spirit-sent campmeeting - and it was just like what used to happen way back in the old campmeeting days! It was absolutely incredible! The altars were flooded, there was shouting, crying, hands being lifted up, and lives being changed! It stills gives me goosebumps to even think about it!
Deanna and I had the privilege of being able to play with their band - it was an incredible experience that Deanna and I have never had the opportunity to have. We had an absolute blast playing with these great musicians!
THANK YOU to all who prayed for this week! God was there and He was moving!
Please take a look at these videos below - it's a small glimpse of what our week was like. The first four are of our song service Sunday night - was that ever a song service?? Wow! Watch them all the way through! I guarantee you will get goosebumps as well!
REMEMBER TO PAUSE THE MUSIC ON THE SIDEBAR!

















To see more videos of the week, go to YouTube and search "Moravia Nazarene Church". Tomorrow, we head off to Holiness Camp!! Yay!!

4 comments:

Kade said...

Tori, I would like to ask if you are an Arminian.

-Kole

Anonymous said...

Hi! I came across your blog and was wondering what a Nazarene Evangelist is. I know that might be a dumb question, and if it is, sorry!
You have a great blog!
~maryjane

Kade said...

I believe in the T.U.L.I.P or in other words the doctrine's of Calvin. Sorry if I sound critical, I don't mean to be but I want to know what you believe and why you believe it. I would love to chat about these things.

-Kole

Tori said...

maryjane - Thank you so much for your comment!

No, that is not a dumb question at all! In fact, many people do not know what it is. Nazarene is the denomination that we belong to, and an evangelist is an individual who travels around to different churches, events, conferences, campmeeting, etc., to preach and/or sing.

Hope this answers your question!