Sunday, June 15, 2008

Flooding....

Hello to all of my blogging buddies! Sorry this won't be a real exciting post, but I just wanted to update you a little bit. We had a wonderful week during Holiness Camp, but Mom and Dad had to leave Monday because we got word our house was going to be flooded and we had to evacuate. So, they rushed back home to clean out our basement, while Deanna, Nikki, and I stayed there to do the youth services for Dad. So, in a nutshell, our house was majorly flooded (got all the way to the main floor), and our town was flooded so badly, it looked like a war zone. Our grandparents and aunt and uncle were also affected by this flood - all of us live a few blocks from the river.

The water has receded a lot so far, but this entire area has been really affected - in fact, many of you have probably seen coverage on TV and such - it's made national news. It's been pretty devastating for many many people - our family was fortunate because we didn't lose very much - there were many people who lost everything.

So, basically, sorry that I haven't been keeping up on your blogs and posting on mine! Where we are staying does not have internet, so I have to come to our church in order to check mail and look at blogs. We don't know when we will get internet again, so please bear with me. I have many many pictures of the flood and from Holiness Camp that I will post as soon as possible.

So, please keep us and all of Iowa in your prayers! Iowa has been hit hard this last month with tornados and floods. Our family has a huge task ahead of us because we have to clean our house out, so please keep us in your prayers!

Even in the midst of all of this, we are still praising God for protecting us and for how much we were able to salvage. We truly are very fortunate! I would like to end this post with a verse of a song we sang in church this morning that so fits our situation! It's the third verse of "The Solid Rock":

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay!

(Chorus)
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your prayers!! We are so grateful to everyone who helped us move out of our house, who helped sandbag, and whatever else they may have done. It is so greatly appreciated! Like I said, hopefully pictures of the flood and Holiness Camp will be up soon.

3 comments:

Margaret Braun said...

I heard about that. I'll definitely be praying.

Abby said...

Oh, Tori. =S We heard about it and saw pictures on the news. =SS You will be in my prayers!

Lacey said...

Oh my goodness, Tori! Will you be able to move back into your house?